[Web-SIG] Shameless self promotion, and serious question.

Wed Mar 17 14:30:58 EST 2004

> I'd still love to see a standard request and response -- any request and
> response, as long as it isn't too terribly annoying (like FieldStorage).

After reading this thread, I have come to retract, sort of, the opinion
I held before against *too much* standardization.

A Request and Response class is okay. Something like that can be easily
merged together to make it feel like one class. The init parameters
should be pretty common: a CGI dictionary for example. The two classes
shouldn't imply too much about the environment it is being used in.

What I think will also be useful would be a standard set of functions
for escaping characters, packaged in one place.

I think that would be a good start. Though, I can't think of anything
else to add to the list.

Brian