[Web-SIG] Shameless self promotion, and serious question.

Paul Boddie paul.boddie at ementor.no
Wed Mar 17 12:15:38 EST 2004

> I'd still love to see a standard request and response -- any request and
> response, as long as it isn't too terribly annoying (like FieldStorage).
> Besides the request and response, I suppose there is the publisher.  I'm
> less certain of its general applicability.

More self-promotion, but what do you think of the WebStack stuff I announced
on PyPI?

http://www.python.org/pypi?:action=display&name=WebStack&version=0.2

There's a single transaction class which manages access to request and
response information - it's done that way because some frameworks make
little distinction between requests and responses, or at least not enough to
justify two distinct classes. I've found some aspects of current framework
support to be rather irritating - FieldStorage is just one part of that -
and sometimes one wonders if it's really possible to make a sane layer of
functionality without undoing the dubious design decisions of various
frameworks and then having to reimplement that sanity, afresh, on top.

Paul