[Web-SIG] WSGI Utils & SCGI/Quixote.

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Dec 1 02:29:25 CET 2004

-> > >The only real problem in getting this to work was that wsgiServer.py
-> > >expected *every* URL under /demo to be registered to demo_obj.  I
-> > >changed the wsgiServer.py code to allow for partial matches & munged
-> > >the SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO variables appropriately.  I also added
-> > >REQUEST_URI because Quixote uses it for a few things; this should
-> > >probably be moved into QWIP.
-> >
-> > I think I'm going to have to call that point out in the PEP
-> > somewhere.  Technically, the PEP requires that SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO be
-> > set, but I think perhaps some folks have missed the implications of that
-> > for the URL path space.
->
->
-> The clarification is good - it certainly wasn't clear to me the first
-> time I read it!
->
-> A quick question about the SCRIPT_NAME: If an application registers for
-> the path '/testapp/' should SCRIPT_NAME be set to '/testapp',
-> '/testapp/', or even 'testapp'?.  I've implemented the first one in my
-> latest version of wsgiServer, but I want to make sure that's correct.

Well, 'testapp' would be ruled out because of the requirement that

	SCRIPT_NAME + PATH_INFO == REQUEST_URI

(where REQUEST_URI is everything after the host/port info).  I'd be
happy with the literal case, myself, but I'm not sure how anything
other than Quixote deals with the URLs.

--titus