[Web-SIG] Pending modifications to PEP 333

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Mon Aug 30 19:11:14 CEST 2004

William Dode wrote:
> "Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> writes:
>
> >  So far, there has been surprisingly little comment on the
> > PEP either from c.l.py or python-dev, so I'm going to take their
> > silence to mean that the PEP is basically perfect, apart from the
> > currently known issues.  ;)
>
> One important things of course is that current frameworks and servers
> implement the specs. When the most famous will begin, the others will
> follow, but who will begin ? Shall we ask them on their mailing-list ?
> Are they here ?

The intermediate step for me as a framework writer is to write my own
WSGI wrapper for mod_python, for example, so that when mod_python grows
its own WSGI interface, the replacement will be nearly seamless. I
expect others are doing the same, if only for testing purposes, so I
don't think we're in a huge rush.

But yes, some of the "more famous" server authors are here and gave
input on the spec.

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries