[Web-SIG] Pending modifications to PEP 333

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Aug 30 05:38:57 CEST 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Here are some changes I've proposed in the last few days to resolve
> issues people brought up, but which I haven't gotten much feedback on:
>
> * 'wsgi.fatal_errors' key for exceptions that apps and middleware
> shouldn't trap
>
 > * what should a server or gateway's default error handling be, for each
 > of the eight contexts in which an exception can occur?

Those are hard problems.  Lots of thought.  I haven't done much thought
on it, so I don't have any comments.

> * 'wsgi.auth_available' flag

Sure.

> * Make the 'headers' object an 'email.Message' (well, there's been some
> feedback, but I think I addressed the concerns, and there was no
> feedback since)

I'm -0 on email.Message.

> * notes on writing pre-2.2 compatible iteration code

I'd rather allow lazier applications and put more of the pre-2.2
compatibility work in the hands of the server.

> * anything else?

Integer status code?  And the Status header.  I'm -0 on a status header.
  I'm +1 on integer status code.

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org