[Web-SIG] Pending modifications to PEP 333

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Aug 30 05:25:47 CEST 2004

Here are some changes I've proposed in the last few days to resolve issues
people brought up, but which I haven't gotten much feedback on:

* 'wsgi.fatal_errors' key for exceptions that apps and middleware shouldn't
trap

* 'wsgi.auth_available' flag

* Make the 'headers' object an 'email.Message' (well, there's been some
feedback, but I think I addressed the concerns, and there was no feedback
since)

* what should a server or gateway's default error handling be, for each of
the eight contexts in which an exception can occur?

* notes on writing pre-2.2 compatible iteration code

* anything else?

I'd really like to get everything but the HTTP/1.1-specific stuff (which
Mark Nottingham is working on) wrapped up early this week, if possible.  So
far, there has been surprisingly little comment on the PEP either from
c.l.py or python-dev, so I'm going to take their silence to mean that the
PEP is basically perfect, apart from the currently known issues.  ;)