[Web-SIG] Stuff left to be done on WSGI

Mark Nottingham mnot at mnot.net
Sat Aug 28 02:54:00 CEST 2004

Could you expand on the problems that would be encountered with
pass-through?

I don't think it would add redundancy in the CGI case, it would just
require CGI WSGI servers to remove http headers from the environment
and put them in the proper data structure.

WRT URIs, my preference (once again, just stating what I'd do, not
saying that I think this MUST change) would be to base it on the
underlying specs, and not make it so CGI-centric; i.e., have 'abs_path'
and 'query' (these are the BNF productions in both 2396 and 2616), and
that's it; anything else (e.g., script location) would be in the
environment, and probably server-specific.

Cheers,