[Web-SIG] Regarding the WSGI draft

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Aug 27 18:43:56 CEST 2004

At 12:33 PM 8/27/04 -0400, A.M. Kuchling wrote:
>It's unfortunate that WSGI probably isn't going to be finished in time
>for Python 2.4, so that BaseHTTPServer or some similar class could
>support it in the stdlib.  2.4alpha3 is scheduled for September 3rd,
>and is planned to be the last alpha; no new features are introduced at
>the beta stage, so that means WSGI support would have to wait until
>Python 2.5.

That's one week: BaseHTTPServer is HTTP/1.0-based if I recall correctly, so
whipping up support shouldn't take too long.  I have a draft WSGIServer
based on the December draft of the PEP, so it'd just have to be beefed
up.  Also, I think a CGI-based gateway (with some kind of error handling)
should go in, and perhaps the utility functions we discussed previously.

Documentation is an issue, though, and perhaps tests as well.  Also, I sent
in the PEP the day before yesterday and still don't have a PEP number.  So
getting community support for the PEP in the time remaining might be tough,
too.