[Web-SIG] htmlgen

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Thu Oct 30 12:05:38 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Ian Bicking wrote:

> substitution (i.e., it always fills from locals()).  Guido just
> mentioned recently on python-dev that he didn't want to improve %
> (specifically a request that "%{var}" be equivalent to "%(var)s")
> because he wanted to leave room for a better solution.  What better
> solution?  I don't know... I think it has to be something both elegant
> and useful, minimal and flexible.

This is along the lines of what I think. Another thing with %() is that if
the dictionary doesn't have a corresponding value you get key error as
opposed to leaving it as is or defaulting to nothing.

I might actually take the time to put something together, then we can
ponder on whether it's worth including.

Grisha