[Web-SIG] Defining a standard interface for common web tasks

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Oct 23 16:03:31 EDT 2003

> I haven't used Medusa, but I have used Twisted and the standard Python
> libraries.
> Some notes:
> 1) Twisted is definitely too complex to include. The question is, would
> it be possible to rip out a simple web server from Twisted or would it
> require a whole lot of extras that don't fit in the standard libraries?
> This may amount to a re-write.

I've become quite fond of Medusa, myself.  It's small, uses standard
Python (pure Python), is *not* under active development (a benefit, if
you think about it).  I've written a number of services using its
framework.

I haven't actually tried Twisted, because it seems overly complex for
the various tasks I want to perform.  I'm not interested in an
all-singing all-dancing Apache clone -- I'd just use Apache for that.

Bill