[Web-SIG] SelectORacle

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Nov 17 10:33:05 EST 2003

[John J Lee]
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, David Fraser wrote:
>
> > Seo Sanghyeon wrote:
> >
> > >http://gallery.theopalgroup.com/selectoracle/
> > >
> > >This seems to be an almost complete CSS3 parser. According to their
> [...]
> > >My only question is when will be this "soon".
> > >

> > Why not email them and ask?
>
> Because we don't need a CSS parser in the standard library?
>
> Where do people use CSS parsers outside of graphical web browsers?

Well, CSS is intended to accommodate all media, so I imaging eventually
people will want to use it in aural web browsers as well. Plus CSS will
be an important way to indicate presentation style, so it might
conceivably be useful even for documents only intended for printed
delivery.

However, I don't really see it quickly becoming a standard library
component. But I do think the ramifications of CSS will eventually reach
further than you apparently anticipate.

regards
--
Steve Holden          +1 703 278 8281        http://www.holdenweb.com/