[Web-SIG] Random thoughts

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Nov 4 14:52:44 EST 2003

> However, we should deal with uploaded files differently here - they
> could be huge! You dno't want them read in automatically.

Well, uploaded files appear as data in-line in the request body.  You
have to read them from the connection to clear the request (and
possibly to get to other data which follows the uploaded file).  The
question is whether you want to pass them around as 200-MB strings, or
whether you want to write them to a temp file and pass the file
around.

Bill