[Types-sig] Viper module compiler begun

Bill Tutt billtut@microsoft.com
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 12:54:06 -0800

Well, that indeed is a strange incident given that Python's internal parser
liked thef ile and then subsequently didn't like the file. :)

I've gone and stuck the current contents of CVS at:
http://lima.mudlib.org/~rassilon/p2c/p2c-cvs.zip

This should produce slightly happier output, the compiled transformer.py
actually works and shaves one whole second off the execution time of
translating genc.py.

I haven't yet been able to test genc.py's compiled C code completly since
MSVC has this annoying habit of stop emitting line #s in its debug info
after the 64kth line. (Ugh.)

Bill