[Types-sig] Easier?

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 03:20:20 -0600

skaller wrote:

> I'm not asking for that, just trying to explain how
> important conformance issues and specifications are
> in optimisation, and in particular, how important
> it is that certain operations NOT be defined
> (even by a requirement that an exception be thrown).

I think that you should build an inferencer for a Python subset where
TypeError and module-rebindings are illegal. If you get a serious
speedup then those feature will defacto fall out of use because people
will want to use your inferencer to get serious speedups. At that point
we can officially deprecate those features.
Three things never trust in: That's the vendor's final bill
The promises your boss makes, and the customer's good will
http://www.geezjan.org/humor/computers/threes.html