[Types-sig] Plea for help.

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 15:04:17 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> Gordon and Guido offered some suggestions.
>
> I have done some noodling with the Py2C AST, and I think it is an
> excellent candidate.

http://www.mudlib.org/~rassilon/p2c/

Specifically, the file transformer.py in that distribution. I've
threatened before to break it out and make it available on my Python
page... ought to do that sometime.

> When I was using the Py2C transformer class, I made some modifications
> to the AST generated to make it a little easier to use interactively.
> The original defintion for the AST was:
> A tree of these nodes is created by the Transformer class, which walks
> the parse trees created by the parser module.
>
> I modified Node to be BaseNode and created specific classes for each
> of type of node:

The Node subclasses were on Bill's to-do list. That's cool that you've
already done it!

Cheers,
-g

--