[Types-sig] Types sig dead or alive

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 08 Dec 1999 21:11:50 +0100

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Paul Prescod wrote:
> >
> > Jim, I am happy to temporarily banish interface discussions from the
> > sig.
>
> I'd prefer that it be permanent. I'll also reiterate that
> I'd like the Class-Type unification to be taken out too.
>
> > But...is it likely that you guys will have some Zope-interface
> > experience by the conference?
>
> Don't know. It probably depends on Martijn Faassen, who sort
> of volunteered to do Zope integration. :)

Currently I'm way too busy, and I volunteered to be involved in it, not
to do it all myself. :) That said, I *hope* I'll get more time in
january and actually explore the issue better then. Don't know how far
I'll get as there's more I need to do.

> > I'm sure you guys are as up-to-the-wazoo
> > as the rest of us but it would be cool if we could get a mini-report on
> > whether the interfaces proposal *works*.
>
> Yes it would, however I can't make any promises to do this myself
> (or commit DC), but I *am* willing to work with Martijn or anyone
> else who wants to take the lead for now.

I hope to get some time by the end of this month, but I can't say how
much right now. ZFormulator, XMLWidgets, and a whole lot of other stuff
still needs to be worked on.

> Note that, even if the implementation isn't exercised in the next
> month, there would be progress since Spam7 to report on.

That's true. I did read through your documentation on it yesterday. It
looks good. I recall having read it before way back when, too, but I
think I understand it better now.

Regards,

Martijn