[Types-sig] Meta-stuff

Donald Beaudry Donald Beaudry <donb@tensilica.com>
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 20:01:27 -0500

Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> wrote,
> Did I miss it, or has somebody created a specific list of things to
> change in the Python object model?

If you missed, you are not the only one.  But, then, I havnt been
following this list as closely as I would like to.

> In other words, what/why needs to change? [Gordon makes a good
> argument point here: it is really just getattr behavior]

There really are two different dimensions here that need to be
explored.  One could easily be viewed as getattr behavior.  I like to
think about it as the "Python view" on this discussion.  The other
issue is dealing with the unification of classes and types.  But, this
is really just an API issue.  A while back, there was some discussion
on what this might mean.

	--Don