[Tutor] Require Python assistance

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri Nov 9 14:10:15 EST 2018

On 11/9/18 11:59 AM, Bob Gailer wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2018 12:34 PM, "TCY via Tutor" <tutor at python.org> wrote:
>>

>> Dear
>>     May I know how to solve the cryptography with Python programming
> language as below -
>> (1) Implement Elgamal Method(2) Implement Elliptic Curve Cryptography
> method(3) Implement Rabin Method(4) Implement RSA Method
>> Find (a) Prime test (b) Inverse function
>
> This list does not send attachments. If the file is not large just send it
> as part of the email body.
>
> As you can see the text above came thru as 1 long line. I presume  when you
> sent it it looked like 4 lines. If that is the case you need to send the
> email as plain text rather than some fancy formatted way.
>
>> Please help me by provide your advice
>
> Learn how to ask questions that are more precise and specific. "Solve the
> cryptography" doesn't tell me anything. The more clearly you state your
> objectives the easier it becomes for us to help you.
>
> Google is your friend here. For example try searching Google for "Elliptic
> Curve Cryptography python"
> and suggestion so that I can improve my computing skills (please see the
> attached file)

There has been a *lot* of crypto work in Python.  If your objective is
to learn the techniques you might look at what others have done, if your
objective is to use these techniques, there's a decent chance it has
been already implemented.  You could look, as a starting point (but by
no means as the only resource), at the pycrypto package

https://www.dlitz.net/software/pycrypto/