[Tutor] new to programming and wondering about an IDE for Python on Linux

Robert Sjoblom robert.sjoblom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:10:42 CET 2012

>> I'd appreciate any feedback on this and good tutorials or books on
>> Python 3 and the IDEs suggested. There are many available and I'm
>> wondering what you as users find effective.

I fiddled a bit with the Eric Python IDE; Eric5 for Python3 and Eric4
for Python2; overall I'd say that Eclipse was a better experience, but
Eric was by no means bad. I guess it comes down to user preferences.
As for books, Dive Into Python 3 is one of the better books I've come
across.

http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/

--
best regards,