[Tutor] Help with making emacs work with python syntax checking?

Lisi lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 17:02:59 CEST 2011

On Monday 04 July 2011 15:46:31 Tidal Espeon wrote:
> I need help with installing this setup on my emacs:
> http://hide1713.wordpress.com/2009/01/30/setup-perfect-python-environment-i
>n-emacs/ The problem is that I have no clue how to access any .emacs file or
> .emacs.d folder. I'm running linux, and they are apparently invisible in my
> home directory. Trying to create those makes linux tell me that they're
> already there. I've already installed the latest ropemacs, pyflakes, etc.
> I'd sincerely appreciate help, since the IDLE just doesn't cut it for me.

Do you know how to access hidden files, or is that the problem?

In fact, do you know what hidden files are?

If you can give me some indication of your skill level (see above questions)
and your distro (including version) and DE, I might be able to help you; or
anyhow point you in the right direction.

Lisi