[Tutor] Starting python from a DOS prompt from any directory?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 1 20:02:29 CET 2007

"Steve Oldner" <Steven.Oldner at LA.GOV> wrote
> Alan, I work for a state government, so I'm not suppose to
> download PYTHON without submitting reasons and
> getting permissions.

Sure I understand that, but it looks from your post that
you have somehow managed to install Python. If your
account has permissions to install any software then
you probably have permissions to set at least USER
level Environmenent Variables (You may not be able to
set them at SYSTEM level)

> I'm an applications programmer working on SAP

I know the kind of set up, we have similar teams of
folks working on Siebel and Oracle.

Alan G.