[Tutor] Tkinter/Identifying Text by position

Tim Johnson tim@johnsons-web.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:08:44 -0900

Hi Alan:
On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, alan.gauld@bt.com wrote:
> > I would like to get the index of a body of text in a Text widget via
> > a mouse click and/or a keystroke on the focus.
>
> I know you can do this but dont remember how...
>
> > BTW: I downloaded a large amount of Python Documentation from
> > http://python.org/doc/current/download.html
> > I don't see any tkinter documentation there.
> > Is it at another location.
>
> Go to the Tkinter topic at the python.org site. Under
> there you will find a docs and tutorials link specific
> to Tkinter. In particular you really should bookmark
> Frederik's Tkinter reference/tutorial.
>
> Also it looks like you are getting in deep enough to
> warrant buying Grayson's Tkinter book. Its more than
> you need for basic Tkinter but if you do anything
> complex at all its worth having.
 Speakin of the divil...:>)
Just got done downloading Frederik's stuff. Not all of it is complete,
but it appears to be fairly thorough. I also have the Grayson, but I
appear to be missing something when it comes to the options,
and how to pass them,
for instance vscrollmode..... python doesn't like it, even though it is
listed by Grayson as an option for scrolledtext.
I believe that Grayson has a site and a list.
I will read a little Grayson and Fredirik's ....
Thanks

--
Tim Johnson