[Tutor] Tkinter/Identifying Text by position

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:14:22 -0000

> I would like to get the index of a body of text in a Text widget via
> a mouse click and/or a keystroke on the focus.

I know you can do this but dont remember how...

> BTW: I downloaded a large amount of Python Documentation from
> http://python.org/doc/current/download.html
> I don't see any tkinter documentation there.
> Is it at another location.

Go to the Tkinter topic at the python.org site. Under
there you will find a docs and tutorials link specific
to Tkinter. In particular you really should bookmark
Frederik's Tkinter reference/tutorial.

Also it looks like you are getting in deep enough to
warrant buying Grayson's Tkinter book. Its more than
you need for basic Tkinter but if you do anything
complex at all its worth having.

Alan g