[Tutor] Where to find example source codes.

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 19:39:26 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, John Murray wrote:

> This reminds me of something I've been thinking about for a while, ie;
> should we be making our individual python project's code available to
> each other?

As long as the code isn't too long, small snippets should be fine.  Of
course, there's no requirement to post code to each other... *grin* But if
you want to share your code, go ahead!

If your program is a bit long, the source code repositories (like
sourceforge) might be a better place to put it.  Post a link to the code,
and we can take a look.

> as well as python), I would normally be embarrassed about releasing my
> hideously amateurish code, though I would have no problems sharing it
> with other list members. Ugly as my code may be, some of it has

A good thing about sharing code is that we all learn to recognize ugly
code.  *grin*  Sharing imperfect solutions is important, since that's how
peer review works.

Happy New Year!