[Tutor] list problem

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 19:30:09 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, W.W.van den Broek wrote:

> to begin with in simple programming. I am a psychiatrist so i am used
> to associative thinking and pattern recognition instead of logical
> thinking so bare with me please. As a psychiatrist i am doing some
> research. I wanted to

One other thing: if you're doing research on how people learn how to
program, you may want to speak with the edu-sig python newsgroup --- they
talk about material that may interest you as a researcher:

    http://python.org/sigs/edu-sig/

I'd better point out that there are more resources that you can look at
besides Python.  For example, the Scheme language community is a good
resource on this subject:

    http://www.teach-scheme.org

Scheme is one of the lisp-based AI languages, and by that heritage, may be
interesting for its symbolic processing capabilities.  Scheme also does a
lot of list stuff.  *grin*

Also, the language Prolog is all about pattern recognition, so perhaps it
might be interesting to you.

Good luck!