[TriPython] Quantum Computing

Calloway, Chris cbc at unc.edu
Fri Jan 17 17:04:08 EST 2020

Travis,

This sounds wonderful. Would you like to present at our Thursday, February 27 meeting at 7pm at WebAssign on the NCSU Centennial Campus?

Applications Analyst
University of North Carolina
Renaissance Computing Institute
(919) 599-3530

On 1/17/20, 8:48 AM, "TriZPUG on behalf of Travis Hurant" <trizpug-bounces+cbc=unc.edu at python.org on behalf of thurant at gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi TriPython,

    I am a student and researcher in the Electrical Engineering department at
    North Carolina State University where I focus on quantum algorithms and
    quantum error mitigation. I am also the CTO of Indi Individuals (
    https://indi.com/individuals) and a software engineer. Through meetup
    presentations, I am trying to encourage the software development community
    to explore quantum computing (QC) and the opportunities and challenges that
    exist within the field. Many of the development frameworks use Python
    (including IBM and Rigetti) giving this community, in particular, an
    advantage in learning and building QC-related software.

    My presentation would cover:
    - Quantum computing basics
    - Myths about quantum computing
    - Industry landscape
    - Applications of quantum computing
    - Open challenges
    - Algorithm examples using Python

    Please let me know if you and your group would be interested.

    Thank you,
    Travis Hurant