[TriPython] Quantum Computing

Travis Hurant thurant at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 08:48:52 EST 2020

Hi TriPython,

I am a student and researcher in the Electrical Engineering department at
North Carolina State University where I focus on quantum algorithms and
quantum error mitigation. I am also the CTO of Indi Individuals (
https://indi.com/individuals) and a software engineer. Through meetup
presentations, I am trying to encourage the software development community
to explore quantum computing (QC) and the opportunities and challenges that
exist within the field. Many of the development frameworks use Python
(including IBM and Rigetti) giving this community, in particular, an
advantage in learning and building QC-related software.

My presentation would cover:
- Quantum computing basics
- Myths about quantum computing
- Industry landscape
- Applications of quantum computing
- Open challenges
- Algorithm examples using Python

Please let me know if you and your group would be interested.

Thank you,
Travis Hurant