[TriPython] Help on an AWS/ELB Project

Tobias McNulty tobias at caktusgroup.com
Mon Jan 23 16:33:13 EST 2017

This is more than you asked about, but it will setup all the things you
mentioned (and then some) in a VPC and give you an environment for running
containers (I recommend the Elastic Beanstalk option):

https://github.com/tobiasmcnulty/aws-container-basics

Even if you don't end up using it, you might find it helpful to set up a
test environment and play around with the resources it creates. If you do
so under a brand new AWS account and select all the smallest server
options, that should keep you inside the free tier, too.

Tobias

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 2:37 PM, Rob Ladd <rob.ladd at gmail.com> wrote:

>    Hello TryPythonistas!
>    I have a project where I need to help set up AWS and ELB for a high(er)
>    availability web property. Sadly, they are not Python sites. The guy
>    asking for my help is an old friend.
>    While I've used AWS, I'm certainly not an expert in it. I'll have plenty
>    of clueless questions.
>    Topics would include:
>    - Setting up the ELB
>    - There will be some TLS questions
>    - Overall topology
>    - Handling code updates across instances
>    Anybody who's set up AWS/ELB in front of ecommerce sites got a few hours
>    to walk me through some stuff?
>    I can pay an hourly rate.**
>    If you're interested in helping, please contact me by email or at 818
> 448
>    2815.
>    Thanks a bunch!!
>    -Rob Ladd