[TriZPUG] Call for sprinters for 1.2

Tobias McNulty tobias at caktusgroup.com
Tue Mar 16 18:31:42 CET 2010

Hi all,

We're doing another Django sprint THIS WEEKEND at Carrboro Creative
Coworking in the NC Triangle, for anyone in the area:

http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/Sprint201003TriangleNC

Again the sprint is this weekend, March 20 & 21, from 9am to 5pm both days.
 Caktus will be sponsoring again with lunch both days - but more sponsors
for drinks, snacks, etc. would be great.  Just add your name & what you want
to bring to the list on the wiki page.

Everyone's welcome - if you haven't worked on Django before, a sprint is the
best place to start out. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Tobias

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:08 AM, James Bennett <ubernostrum at gmail.com>wrote:

> Russ is about to put up a post on the Django weblog with the current
> state of 1.2. There's been quite a bit of progress since the last
> update, but there are still around 60 tickets which will need in-depth
> attention before we hit the point of releasing 1.2; the remainder of
> the tickets on the milestone are mostly trivial (documentation
> updates, translation fixes and other minor issues).
>
> To help get these tickets resolved (and 1.2 out the door), we'd like
> to organize a 1.2 sprint either this weekend (March 20/21) or the next
> (March 27/28), and put out a call for anyone who's willing and able to
> join in. The focus will be entirely on the 1.2 milestone tickets, with
> the goal of resolving as many as possible and getting to the 1.2
> release candidate. So if you're interested and would like to help out,
> please head over to the wiki page for the sprint:
>
> http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/1.2ReleaseCandidateSprint
>
> and add your name and when you'll be able to sprint.
>

> --
> "Bureaucrat Conrad, you are technically correct -- the best kind of
> correct."
>
> --

Tobias McNulty
Caktus Consulting Group, LLC