[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter to Qt-whatever

Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer arj.python at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 06:37:09 EST 2019

Me i recently switched away from tkinter to pyside2/pyqt5. I feel like Ui
becomes a breeze + you can use qt designer.

My main issue with tkinter is that programming could have been simpler in
it. You want tabs? bang that's another type of widgets. In pyside2 you
learn then it goes fast, really fast. You own custom widget is a lot
simpler. You can go really far in terms of ui. In tkinter, beyond basics,
it's good luck. I forgot to mention occasional not bugs but bites, things
that you have to understand what tkinter is doing concerning references.

Take the tkinter canvas for example. It does not have opacity control for
colouring shapes. I mean, in Js Java etc those are basics. The canvas is
most incomplete.

I am for the complete removal of tkinter if a suitable alternative is
found. I lost a lot of time mastering tkinter which could have been used to
build nice things!

Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer
http://www.pythonmembers.club | https://github.com/Abdur-rahmaanJ
Mauritius