[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter to Qt-whatever

Robert Greschke robert at greschke.com
Thu Nov 14 17:40:22 EST 2019

Your tkdoc tutorial: Ohhhh! I've never seen things explained this way before. Somehow I thought you always had to go through the style-thing even if you didn't want to change anything. For background colors and stuff, fine, but most of the time you just need the default things. I wonder why things like "bg=" are not in there? I would think that would be easy. Just an addition to the class same as a "length=". I picked up two non-ttk things I didn't know just from the first 'calculate' example! I think I'll tell them they can do pressure-involved things with Qt or fire me. This makes way more sense.

I don't mind the classic look, in fact it's a little better for users -- the look and feel is the same everywhere -- but on macOS it all just falls apart. We've always had a self-compiled Python package with everything our programs needed, including decent classic Tkinter widgets on Macs, but management is getting lazy and they don't want to do that anymore. We're academia, so things don't have to make sense.

Ordered the book! I like books.

Thanks a bunch!