[Spambayes] Problem with SpamBayes Proxy: Mild

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Wed Mar 7 20:45:56 CET 2012

Hi Peter,

> SpamBayes Proxy was leaving all the messages on my ISP POP3 server [...]

The proxy will neither delete email nor leave it there - all it does
is pass through commands from your email client, injecting spam
headers when it sees an email message.  If your email client was setup
to delete emails from the server, then the proxy shouldn't change
that.

(Of course that assumes there isn't a bug there that prevents DELE
commands from getting through, but I'm not aware of this problem ever
coming up before.)

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com