[Spambayes] SpamBayes feedback

Scott scotthaggard at cox.net
Fri Oct 20 21:45:44 CEST 2006

Hi Amedee,

I'm glad that you are 100% confident that you'll never get any false
positives. Unfortunately, I can't share that level of confidence, at least
not at this time. I'm just not a trusting enough person to do so. Also, I
have already seen enough false-positives from SpamBayes that indicate to me
that I shouldn't yet trust it above a certain level. But I think I will
always want to review my spam folder. Initially, it's just a matter of
getting the spam out of my way so I can look at my important email right
away, then look at my spam folder later, just to make sure everything is
kosher.

I believe that spammers are persistent, and good at what they do. As they
are able to make their junk email look more and more like legitimate email
(to anti-spam filters), this automatically reduces the legitimacy of
non-spam messages. It is for this reason that I could never trust an
anti-spam product 100%. Darn those spammer guys.

For me, it's either in my Inbox, or it's not. After that it's not really
very important to me what the percentage of clues is for a given message.
This is just my way of looking at it. I'm guessing, wait strike that, I
don't need to guess, that not everybody is going to look at it the same way
as I do. I just wanted to share my experience is all. I still like SpamBayes
overall and I'll continue to use it for the time being. I'm an IT support
guy, and I even recommend SpamBayes to many people that I help.

I agree with your theory about the English language thing, it makes sense.

Thanks again,
-scott