[Spambayes] SpamBayes feedback

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Fri Oct 20 17:59:37 CEST 2006

Op vrijdag 20-10-2006 om 07:27 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Scott:

> [-] I don't like having a "Junk Suspects" folder. To me, this just means
> that I have two spam folders to manage instead of one. As a work around, I
> have just set both spam and spam suspects to go to the same Junk folder. I
> just made this change, so I don't yet know if this will cause any problems,
> but I don't see why it should. I just wanted to let you know that I think
> it's not overly useful, to have the Suspects folder I mean, if the spam is
> getting separated from my Inbox in the first place, and I have to evaluate
> it anyway, that it should all be in the same spam folder. My previous
> comment about "ever-changing tactics" on the part of the spammers should be
> a good example of the fact that what is and isn't spam is hard to determine.
> Therefore, I cannot (and should not) trust 100% that everything that goes
> into the Junk folder really is spam, and that everything that goes into the
> Suspects folder isn't spam. Hence, I have to manage both.

Scott,

I respectfully disagree.
For me, the spam folder contains spam that is really, really, really
spam. I'm so confident about it that my procmail doesn't even put it in
a spam folder but directly in /dev/null.
I also have 2 "suspect" folders: possible ham and possible spam.
About 1 or 2 messages wind up in these folders every day (of the several
hundreds that arrive, according to postfix)

To be honest, having a native language that isn't English helps a lot.
This means that bayesian spam filters are more effective for languages
that aren't used a lot in spam. Just my pet theory.

--
Amedee