[Spambayes] Problem with KMail and sb_bnfilter

Peter Barker peterb at zeta.org.au
Sat May 27 00:34:50 CEST 2006

Thanks Toby,

The patch fixed the duplication of From lines. (I applied the patch to
sb_bnserver distributed with spambayes-1.1a2, so the patched line number was
different.)

The original version definitely inserted another From line, not From:. For
example, the first 2 lines of a message:

From brabq at netvigator.com Fri Jul  1 04:06:06 2005

became

From brabq at netvigator.com Fri Jul  1 04:06:06 2005
From nobody Sat May 27 08:08:45 2006

after using the original sb_bnserver.py. The From: line remained unchanged
further down in the headers.

I am not sure that the KMail problem was caused by the extra From line, as I
was experimenting with suspend, and the problem occurred after a computer
crash. KMail displayed a message with no contents, just the subject, sender
etc. I removed the second From line with another editor, and KMail displayed
the message properly, after re-indexing the folder. So it may have been an
index error caused by the crash. However I don't think it is a good idea to
have a second incorrect From line in a message anyway.

Regards,
Peter Barker