[Spambayes] Problem with KMail and sb_bnfilter

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk
Fri May 26 15:28:34 CEST 2006

On Friday 26 May 2006 08:05, Peter Barker wrote:
> I simply
> replaced piping the messsages through sb_filter.py with piping through
> sb_bnfilter.py.

> Is this how sb_bnfilter is supposed to be used

Yes

> However this always inserted a second From (not From:)

Interesting.

It looks like sb_filter will preserve any From line, but not insert one if it
does not already exist. sb_bnfilter always includes one in its output.

I cant see why sb_bnfilter would insert a *second* From line. Or are you
counting the "From:" header line as the second?

> sometimes confused KMail.

What confusion are you seeing? (I have been using sb_bnfilter with kmail since
it was first developed without problem)

> and does this indicate a problem with sb_bnfilter or with KMail?

Try the attached patch to make sb_bnfilter behave the same as sb_filter.

--
Toby Dickenson