[Spambayes] Program Will Not Load

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Wed Jun 14 21:24:44 CEST 2006

On Wed, June 14, 2006 16:44, Jesse Pelton said:
> A word to the wise: no message footer can prevent "dissemination,
> distribution, copying, or disclosure" when you post to a public list
> like this one. In fact, such footers are probably toothless in any
> situation and serve only to annoy. It's your responsibility how and to
> whom you transmit information, and recipients tend to dislike attempts
> to shift your responsibility to them. If New York Life appends this
> notice to all your messages, you might tell them how it's being
> received.
>
> In your line of work, confidentiality is important, and I would advise
> using secure means when transmitting anything sensitive. Messages sent
> over the internet pass through a lot of network infrastructure and could
> be intercepted at many points along the way, even if you send them to
> exactly and only the correct recipient(s). It's up to you to protect
> them. Weak but simple security is available by password-protecting zip
> files; public-key cryptography provides more security, but is harder to
> set up. If you wanted my business, you'd have to do the latter.

I will let my (anti-)disclaimer speak for itself. :)

Amedee.

--
Disclaimer:
By sending an email to ANY of my addresses you are agreeing that:

   1. I am by definition, "the intended recipient"
   2. All information in the email is mine to do with as I see fit and
make such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke as it lends
itself to. In particular, I may quote it on usenet.
   3. I may take the contents as representing the views of your company.
   4. This overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that
may be included on your message.