[Spambayes] Graphs on my website

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Sat Mar 1 10:23:43 EST 2003

In message:  <15968.63061.877833.567556 at montanaro.dyndns.org>
             Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

>After reading your note and looking at the graphs on your website I have a
>couple questions:
>
>  1. For the dense among us can you define "perfect" and "corrected"
>     training?

Perfect trains immediately after scoring with the _actual_
classification.

Corrected trains immediately after scoring with the _guessed_
classification, then fixes everything to _actual_ at the end of
the day.  (This was interesting to me because it somewhat closely
models my actual usage, given my nightly retrains.)

>  2. Did you adjust your spam/ham cutoffs from the default?

No.

>  3. Do you have any measure of how the unsure stuff broke down between ham
>     and spam?

In the raw output, yes, though I didn't graph it.  Some rough
cumulative averages:

perfect:    42 ham unsure and  290 spam unsure
corrected:  55 ham unsure and  330 spam unsure
fpfnunsure: 80 ham unsure and 1200 spam unsure

- Alex