[Spambayes] Newbie question on non-standard POP3 client

Kendall Whitlatch whit at dubhlinn.com
Tue Aug 12 00:03:08 EDT 2003

ok... Looks like I had one configuration problem with the client. I
was pointing it to port 8880. Once I set it to port 110 I got a
failure. Before I was waiting up to 15 minutes to time-out.

Here's the log file results:
POST /save HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, */*
Referer: http://localhost:8880/
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: no-cache

how=Save+%26+shutdown+OK <26613.1060667888 at titan.serverbox.net>
-ERR authorization first
-ERR authorization first
-ERR authorization first
-ERR authorization first
-ERR authorization first
-ERR authorization first
-ERR authorization first
-ERR authorization first
-ERR authorization first
-ERR authorization first
-ERR authorization first
-ERR authorization first

If I telnet to localhost 110 in a dosh shell I get a blank window. If
it hit <enter> it exits out to the shell prompt again.

Best regards,
 Kendall Whitlatch
 mailto:whit at dubhlinn.com