[Spambayes] Re: whitelist

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Mon Aug 11 17:07:12 EDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 09:52:12PM +0200, kasper b. graversen wrote:
| hello there.. I just read a review of your product. it sounds great.
| but... when are you going to implement whitelist's in the program?

There is no need to.  First of all, spambayes doesn't actually do
anything to your email, so it can't possibly be lost.  If you want
"whitelisting" then it belongs in the sorting rules you have.  Simply
check the values you want to whitelist on _before_ checking spambayes'
classification of the message.  Besides, whitelisting can not be
guaranteed to work because (almost) anything you want to whitelist on
can be forged by spammers and worms.

-D

--
He who scorns instruction will pay for it,
but he who respects a command is rewarded.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/