[spambayes-dev] FW: [Jocr-devels] redistribute gocr binaries?

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Tue Feb 27 13:25:00 CET 2007

On 2007-02-27 12:57, skip at pobox.com wrote:
>     Mark> My next proposition is that we enable this OCR support by default,
>     Mark> and enable gocr as the default OCR engine - how does that sound?
>     Mark> If OK, should we do that by promoting the relevant 'X-' options to
>     Mark> 'official' options, or just change the default values for the
>     Mark> options as implemented?
>
> Sounds good to me.  Default to gocr, drop the "X-".

Do keep in mind that gocr and ocrad are not installed on all systems.
It's great if you put it into the Windows distribution, but on Linux
that is not an option, and spambayes should still work on Linux as well.

On Fedora Core, those two programs are not available unless the system
administrator gets them from some third party repository (gocr (but not
ocrad) is available in freshrpms) or builds them from source.

--
Sjoerd Mullender