[spambayes-dev] sb_filter -n broke?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Sep 10 10:05:18 EDT 2003

    Tony> The whole open_storage function was getting a bit messy from all
    Tony> the fixes, so I've tidied it up a bit, and fixed this.  Could you
    Tony> confirm that it works for you?

Nope:

    % cat sa.opt
    [Storage]
    persistent_use_database: False
    persistent_storage_file: ~/tmp/sa.db
    % BAYESCUSTOMIZE=sa.opt sb_filter.py -n
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Users/skip/local/bin/sb_filter.py", line 186, in ?
        main()
      File "/Users/skip/local/bin/sb_filter.py", line 174, in main
        h.newdb()
      File "/Users/skip/local/bin/sb_filter.py", line 113, in newdb
        h = hammie.open(self.dbname, self.usedb, 'n')
      File "/Users/skip/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spambayes/hammie.py", line 259, in open
        return Hammie(storage.open_storage(filename, useDB, mode))
      File "/Users/skip/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spambayes/storage.py", line 663, in open_storage
        return klass(data_source_name, mode)
    TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

I checked to make sure I hadn't forgotten to delete my changes:

    % cvs up -dP . 2>/dev/null
    ? INTEGRATION.html
    ? _pop3proxyham.mbox
    ? base.ini
    ? base.txt
    ? bases.txt
    ? chkhdrs.sh
    ? command.log
    ? failures
    ? ham.report
    ? hamhour.plt
    ? hf.pickle
    ? hf.py
    ? hour.png
    ? mboxtrain.diff
    ? pop3proxy-ham-cache
    ? pop3proxy-spam-cache
    ? pop3proxy-unknown-cache
    ? sb.diff
    ? contrib/hammiefilter.zip
    ? contrib/mkzip.py
    ? spambayes/PickleRPC.py
    ? spambayes/bytes-words.diff
    ? spambayes/psets.py
    ? spambayes/storage.py.save
    M setup.py
    M spambayes/hammiebulk.py

The hammiebulk changes just print the message count once every 10 messages.
The setup.py changes are for the warnings about old installed scripts, so I
don't think either one should affect this command.

Skip