[spambayes-dev] sb_filter -n broke?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Sep 10 17:12:56 EDT 2003

[Has anyone else noticed that viewcvs (diffs) seems to be broken on
sf.net?]

> this command:
>
>     sb_filter.py -n
>
> produces this traceback:
[...]
>         return klass(*data_source_name)
>     TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)
[...]
> Modifying the else: branch of the "if useDB" statement to
>
>         klass = PickledClassifier
>         data_source_name = data_source_name[0:1]
>
> solves the problem.  I've never used the pickled classifier
> before though, so I don't know if I was somehow using things
> wrong or if there is a better fix.

This is the third time that's been fixed ;)  The above fix won't work
outside of hammie, though, because hammie's the only one that passes
data_source_name as a tuple of (name, mode) - the others pass it just as
name.

The whole open_storage function was getting a bit messy from all the
fixes, so I've tidied it up a bit, and fixed this.  Could you confirm
that it works for you?

=Tony Meyer