[SciPy-User] ANN: Pyzo distro 2013b

Almar Klein a.klein at science-applied.nl
Mon Mar 18 06:56:55 EDT 2013

> Pyzo crashed on OS X 10.7.5 in under three minutes while trying to run a
> hello world program.

I just found: "Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" was the first version of OS X to drop
support for 32-bit Intel processors and run exclusively on 64-bit Intel
CPUs."
So, I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait for the next release.

The reason that the binaries are 32 bit is that I forgot to make the VM
64bit when I created it. Woops. I only found out much later (after all the
hard work of setting up the machine was done). So the blame's on me.

- Almar

> Dear all,
>
> We're pleased to announce release 2013b of Pyzo distro, a Python
> distribution for scientific computing based on Python 3. For more
> information, and to give it a try, visit http://www.pyzo.org.
>
> The most notable changes since the last release:
>
>    - Pyzo is also build for Mac.
>    - Python 3.3 is now used.
>    - Added an executable to launch IPython notebook.
>    - New versions of several packages, including the IDE.
>
> More information:
>
> Pyzo is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. The distribution is
> portable, thus providing a way to install a scientific Python stack on
> computers without the need for admin rights.
>
> Naturally, Pyzo distro is complient with the scipy-stack, and comes with
> additional packages such as scikit-image and scikit-learn.
>
> With Pyzo we want to make scientific computing in Python easier
> accessible. We especially hope to make it easier for newcomers (such as
> Matlab converts) to join our awesome community. Pyzo uses  IEP as the
> default front-end IDE, and IPython (with notebook) is also available.
>
> Happy coding,
>   Almar

Almar Klein, PhD
Science Applied