[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.After update

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 29 03:26:43 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM, surfcast23 <surfcast23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ralf,
>
>  Yes Scipy worked fine before the numpt upgrade. I think I am running
> version 0.10.1, but I am not sure. Is there a way to check the version?

"import scipy; scipy.__version__"

That combination of Python/NumPy/SciPy should be correct and no problem to
upgrade. Can you check that if you open your interpreter in the
scipy\linalg\ dir, you can import fblas? You can also try using
http://www.dependencywalker.com/ on fblas.pyd, to find out what the problem
is with that dll.

> also downloaded it from the sourceforge site. The my old version of numpy I
> believe was 1.6.1.  The  numpy.test('full') results are...
>
> Python 3.2.3 (default, Apr 11 2012, 07:15:24) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
> on
> win
> 32
> Running unit tests for numpy
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>  File "C:\Python32\lib\site-packages\numpy\testing\nosetester.py", line
> 318, in
>  test
>    self._show_system_info()
>  File "C:\Python32\lib\site-packages\numpy\testing\nosetester.py", line
> 187, in
>  _show_system_info
>    nose = import_nose()
>  File "C:\Python32\lib\site-packages\numpy\testing\nosetester.py", line 69,
> in
> import_nose
>    raise ImportError(msg)
> ImportError: Need nose >= 0.10.0 for tests - see
> http://somethingaboutorange.com
> /mrl/projects/nose

This just means you haven't got nose installed, which is the package needed
to run the tests: http://nose.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Ralf