[SciPy-User] Symbol not found: _aswfa_

Lynn Oliver raycores at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 14:35:05 EST 2011

That thread is also at [SciPy-User] cephes library issues: Symbol not found: _aswfa_ [SOLVED], and it seems the issue turned out to be the version of the fortran compiler that was installed.

According to Installing SciPy/Mac OS X -, I need to use gfortran-lion-5666-3.pkg at Tools - R for Mac OS X - developer's page - GNU Fortan for Xcode, which is listed as v4.2.4.  I did the install, but as you can see below, it is showing the version as 4.2.1, although the build number (5666) is correct.  I'm not sure if this means I am using the correct version or not.  I have XCode 4.2 installed, while the package is listed as requiring 4.1.

I'm running the Python version that ships with Lion, which so far has been the only way to get the correct versions of tk/tcl, tkinter, numpy, and matplotlib all working on Lion without going to a non open-source distribution.

I had the environment variable set to select 32-bit mode (export VERSIONER_PYTHON_PREFER_32_BIT_=TRUE), but when I remove that I'm still getting 32-bit for some reason.  Until I figure that out I can't check to see if the 64-bit version has the issue.  It wouldn't matter that much anyway, because pyinstaller only works with 32-bit python.

Lynn