[SciPy-user] FITS images with header-supplied axes?

Eric Emsellem emsellem at obs.univ-lyon1.fr
Sat Mar 29 14:35:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

if you find a solution, please let me know. On my side I had to rewrite some
dummy routines to use the CRVAL/CDELT/NAXIS etc headers to do the axes plotting.
I am using "extent=", to have a direct access to the coordinates in the plotting
(imshow). But of course you first have to use the figure size, and then adapt
the format (with some basic calculation) of your image/plot so that the pixels
follow the right axis ratio.

Eric