[SciPy-user] [optimization]OpenOpt TODO list

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
Tue Jan 15 11:08:21 EST 2008

Hi all,
let me remember you that openopt is free Python-based BSD-licensed
alternative to commercial AMPL, GAMS, TOMOPT/TOMNET.
http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OpenOpt

Anyone is welcome to connect his solver(s) in terms of any license(s)
(opensource and, moreover, OSI-approved are much more welcome).

Let me also note: information of solver authors, homepage, license,
algorithm is stored in output structure, for example

 >>> r.solverInfo
{'alg': 'Augmented Lagrangian Multipliers', 'homepage': 'http://
www.ime.usp.br/~egbirgin/tango/', 'license': 'GPL', 'authors': 'J. M.
Martinez martinezimecc-at-gmail.com, Ernesto G. Birgin egbirgin-at-
ime.usp.br, Jan Marcel Paiva Gentil jgmarcel-at-ime.usp.br'}

Also, you may be interested in OpenOpt TODO list (created / 2008-Jan-15/):
http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OO_TODO#OpenOptTODOlist

Regards,
Dmitrey