[SciPy-user] Is scipy.io.numpyio.fread working?

Jose Luis Gomez Dans josegomez at gmx.net
Wed Nov 21 10:59:57 EST 2007

Hi,
I am trying to read binary data from a binary file. The file has a header, and several chunks of data in it. I want to seek some position, and read from there X data into an array. So, I have done the following:
fp = open( file )
fp.seek (header_position ) #My header position
a = scipy.io.numpyio.fread(fp, 2400*2400,'f',byteswap=1)

This bombs with a
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: fread() takes no keyword arguments

I don't think this has to do with the fact that I seeked the file.
I am running scipy.__version__="0.6.0" from Andrew Straw's Ubuntu repository on Ubuntu i386.

Is there something wrong here?

Cheers!
Jose