[SciPy-user] Adding pysamplerate to scikits ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Nov 19 22:28:42 EST 2007

Lev Givon wrote:
> Received from Jarrod Millman on Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 11:04:33PM EST:
>> On Nov 18, 2007 7:12 PM, David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>>>     Just wanted to know if it would be ok to add pysamplerate to scikits
>>> ? pysamplerate is a (really rough for now) wrapper around SRC for high
>>> quality audio resampling (using sinc interpolation). It would be LGPL,
>>> as SRC itself:
>
> SRC is licensed under the GPL, not the LGPL:
>
> http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/license.html
>
> Offhand, I am not sure how this impacts the distribution of David's
> wrapper under the BSD license.
Indeed, I was mixing SRC and sndfile licenses (both are by Erik Castro
de Lopo). The plan is to do as Robert Kern suggested: release the
wrapper with the same license as the wrapped library (GPL here).

>> +1
>>
>> I would be happy to see you adding a audio resampling scikit.  As you
>
> Me too; I was actually looking for something like this recently.
If I had more time, I would implement one in pure python, using
filterbank (which is how matlab does it, AFAIK, and is worthwile as a
'pedagogical' tool). But well, I don't have this time :)

cheers,

David